Saturday, June 13, 2009

Basil Bites


In the afternoon, when I want a light snack to hold me until dinner, this flavorful rusk recipe is just what I crave. It's so easy to prepare, but tastes wonderful and fresh! Basil is my favorite herb and the main ingredient here. There are so many kinds of basil, each with its unique flavor. Some have a lemon note, some a hint of licorice, some a touch of cinnamon--the list goes on. Taste a few types to find your favorite. I find that if I use a lemony basil with this recipe, it tastes more like a dessert.



Basil Bites
(one serving: 65 calories)
The basil and spreadable cheese hold the crumbly rusk together nicely, so there's more crunch for your mouth and fewer crumbs for your shirt.

1 Holland Rusk
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Cheese
4-8 leaves of fresh basil (to taste)
Ground black pepper

Spread cheese on Holland Rusk. Top with fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle with black pepper. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment